Our website titled TPN NEWS with the web address www.TPNNews.com (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Website’) is owned and operated by TPN NEWS (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’).
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website or when completing your profile on our website (including your name, age, gender, email address, contact details, relationship status, interests, occupation etc.);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website; and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can unsubscribe any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or that of our affiliates which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licensee you grant to us. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- To any of our employees, officers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- To any member of our group of companies (this means our associates, subsidiaries, our holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Please remember that any information (including personal information) that you disclose in public areas of our website, such as forums, message boards, and discussion groups, becomes public information that others may collect, circulate and use. Because we cannot and do not control the acts of others, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information about yourself or others in public forums such as these.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Links To Third Party Websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites, which we have no control over. We are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
To improve the responsiveness of our website for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the identified computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via our website though your computer/laptop/notebook or mobile/tablet/pad/handheld device etc.
Most browser software can be set up to deal with cookies. You may modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our website may not work properly, and you may be unable to use some services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. We do not link non-personal information from cookies to personally identifiable information without your permission.
Log File Information
We automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our website. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data – such as the pages you view. We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed. We may also collect log information from your device, including your location, IP address, your device’s name, device’s serial number or unique identification number (e.g. UDiD on your iOS device), your device operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed etc.
We may use “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users in a anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our website to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our website to improve the website quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
Third Party Tools
Google Analytics specifically has been enabled to support display advertising towards helping us gain understanding of our users’ Demographics and Interests. The reports are anonymous and cannot be associated with any individual personally identifiable information that you may have shared with us. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings options provided by Google. You can opt out from Google Analytics by visiting this link – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
From time to time, we may email you electronic newsletters, announcements, surveys or other information. If you prefer not to receive any or all of these communications, you may opt out by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements.
If a user opts out using the Ads Settings, the unique DoubleClick cookie ID on the user’s browser is overwritten with the phrase “OPT_OUT”. Because there is no longer a unique cookie ID, the opt-out cookie can’t be associated with a particular browser.
When we present information to our advertisers – to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our website – it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages / content within our website. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without your consent.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may also notify you of changes to this policy by email.